I Love My Church Christmas Offering
A note from Pastor David: On July 21, 2019, I preached my very first sermon here as the new Senior Pastor of Temple Baptist Church (click here to listen). As a part of that message, I laid out 6 areas of ministry that we as a church would focus on going forward. I laid out the following direction for our congregation using TEMPLE as an acrostic:
- T: Teach the Bible in a relevant and loving way
- E: Equip people to live missionally and leverage their influence for the gospel
- M: Make Jesus known both across the street and around the world
- P: Pursue Jesus daily through passionate worship and prayer
- L: Love and serve our community in practical ways
- E: Eliminate our debt and be a good steward of our facilities
As we head into the final month and a half of 2019, I want encourage you to help us live out the “E” in our acrostic by contributing to our first annual, year-end, “I Love My Church Christmas Offering”. While earlier this year we eliminated an additional $127,000 of debt through our $206 Debt Retirement Challenge, now we have opportunity to be a good steward of our facilities by investing our resources into some much needed year-end project and ministries.
As you look over the list of items below, would you please consider making a financial gift to help us meet some of these needs? Think of it as buying a Christmas gift for the church that will help Temple continue to be a good steward of our facilities.
Unless otherwise noted or designated, the financial gifts given to the “I Love My Church Christmas Offering” will be used to fund the projects and needs listed in the order below.
Every gift, big or small, matters and I want to thank you in advance for giving to this special offering!
You are Loved,
- Children’s Ministry: $2,000 for AWANA and Quest awards, and camp scholarships
- 4 Friends Special Needs Ministry: $2,500 for Night to Shine supplies and dinner for parents/caregivers
- Preschool Ministry: $7,500 for new playground lights and automatic security doors for preschool entrance
- Student Ministry: $9,200 for new carpet in Bible Fellowship hallways, sound equipment and Refuge repairs
- Media Ministry: $17,000 for Refuge speaker install, new media computers, and various media enhancements.
- Rochester, N.Y.: $8,000 for classroom demo / remodels and front entrance concrete repairs
- Facilities: $17,500 for new furniture for Buildings A, B, and exterior landscaping.