January 17, 2021: New Staff Position Announced
We are excited this morning to share another big Personnel Ministry Team announcement concerning a new pastoral role to help move Temple forward together.
On Sunday, January 17, Pastor David Whitten announced the Personnel Ministry Team's unanimous decision to call Trenidy Davis as the Pastor of Strategy and Leadership Development at Temple Baptist Church. A vote of affirmation will be held on Sunday, January 24, during both morning Worship Services.
Trenidy Davis bio:
Trenidy has worked for Southern Company (Mississippi Power) for over 25 years, spending most of that time in their Information Technology organization. Most recently, he served as the Manager for Coastal Workplace support. Trenidy is a graduate from the University of Southern Mississippi with a Degree in Computer Engineering Technology.
At the age of 20, Trenidy sensed a call into ministry. As a result of that call, he obtained a master’s degree in Christian Education from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. He has served in part-time roles on other church staffs. Trenidy was as certified as a Ministry Coach by Ministry Coaching International and has coached various church planters around the state. He is the state Director for Freedom in Christ Ministries, a ministry that he and his wife, JJ, have led here at Temple Baptist since 2014.
JJ works as part-time field staff for Freedom in Christ Ministries. She holds a degree in education from the University of Southern Mississippi. After teaching elementary education for a few years, she felt called to homeschool their children. She is an advocate for women’s mental, physical, and spiritual health.
The Davis children, Lizzy, Ally, and TJ, all profess Christ, and each have been blessed by being a part of the ministries of Temple Baptist Church over the last several years.
Church, God is at work! Thank you for continuing to pray for Temple's journey as we move forward together! Each step forward is moving us closer to reaching our community and allowing others to take their next steps towards Jesus.
Mission Statement: Equipping every generation to leverage their influence and lead others to Christ!
You are loved,
January 14, 2021: Email Update
Dear Temple Family,
Lots of good things to share, so check out the items below for some very important information. Please read through each one closely. If you have any questions or if TBC can serve you in any way, please send me an email at . See you Sunday either on campus or online as we celebrate Jesus together!
You are Loved,
- Church Vote on Austin and Lauren Bahm (College Ministry) – This Sunday at the close of both services, we will have a vote of affirmation on calling Austin Bahm and his family to serve as our next Pastor of College Ministries. The Personnel Team and I (Michael Harvey, Gary Nelson, Brett Valentine, Rob Gaston, Justin Russell, TJ Shappley, Alicia Sanders, and Margaret Howton) are unanimous is extending this call to Austin. Click here for Austin’s Bio and family information.
- Forward Sermon Series – This Sunday we kick off a new, four-week series called “Forward: Four Values for our Future.” As we set out to accomplish our new vision (link to state of the church sermon), four values will guide us going forward: Radical Generosity (this is not about money). Fearless Faith. Uncommon Unity. Contagious Influence. Be sure to join us on Sunday at either 9AM or 11AM to hear more. A four-week “Blast Off” family devotion kit that includes devotions, games, crafts, and a snack idea can be picked up in the Grand Foyer and at the children’s welcome desk on Sunday, January 17, while they last. The “Blast Off” kits are all about helping our kids and families be an “out of this world” witness for Jesus. Also on Sunday our Personnel Team will unanimously present a new staff position (Pastor of Strategy and Leadership Development), along with a candidate, to help TBC move forward together. Don’t miss it!
- Restarting Groups and Age-Graded Ministries – Speaking of moving forward together, in February and March we will once again offer ministries for all age groups on campus with tentative plans to add more Sundays after Easter. Why only two times a month in February and March? Because 48% of our people have yet to return to worship and we have to rebuild our volunteer base. Here is the schedule and since the dates are exactly the same, it should be easy to remember:
- Wednesday, February 10 / 24
- Sunday, February 14 / 28
- Wednesday, March 10 / 24
- Sunday, March 14 / 28
- Click here for more details
- Boiler Room Prayer Ministry - Leading up to America’s First Great Awakening, Matthew Henry said: “When God intends great mercy upon His people, He first sets them to praying!” We would love to have you get involved in our Prayer Ministry. You can be part of our Boiler Room Ministry that prays during our worship services or our Prayer Room Ministry where you sign up for an hour each week to pray for the needs of our church. God is moving through the prayers of His people! For more information or to volunteer, email Pastor Randy Sims at .
January 10, 2021
On Sunday, January 10, Pastor David Whitten announced the Personnel Ministry Team's unanimous decision to call Austin Bahm as the next Pastor of College at Temple Baptist Church. A vote of affirmation will be held on Sunday, January 17, during both morning Worship Services.
Pastor of College Ministry Announcement (from Austin Bahm):
Hello Temple Baptist Church, we are the Bahm’s and we are beyond thrilled that God is calling us to a part of your church family. I, Austin, cannot wait to be in Hattiesburg and for the opportunity to serve as your College Pastor. I have been in full-time ministry for over 14 years, most recently for 7 years at Brandon Baptist Church in Brandon, MS., and look forward to working alongside all the Temple staff to lead this community to Christ. I enjoy pretty much any sport, (the first member to take me golfing gets a hearty high-five), coaching, spending time with people, and getting to live close to Crescent City Grill again. I graduated from William Carey and look forward to hitting our college campuses and getting to know more and more college students.
Lauren graduated from USM and then attended nursing school at Mississippi College. Lauren has loved being a school nurse in Brandon for the past 6 years, is passionate about orphan care, and looks forward to helping college students get plugged into every aspect of the church. Lauren used her college years to serve in a variety of places and wants to see college students develop a passion to do the same.
Our son, Myles (6) loves competition and is excited to be closer to family. You give him the right candy and snacks and he will be your biggest fan for life. He loves sports, board games, cards, and his trampoline. Addie just turned 1 on December 23rd. The Lord blessed us to be able to adopt her on December 26th of 2019. She loves to be on the go, pull out her bows, take off her shoes, and smile for the camera. Thank you in advance for welcoming us into your family and we look forward to being with you soon.
Austin and Lauren Bahm
Austin's recent ministry positions:
- Student and Recreation Pastor - Brandon Baptist Church (2013-Present)
- Minister to Families and Students - First Baptist Jackson, Madison (2007-2013)
- Youth Coordinator - Petal Harvey Baptist Church (2006-2007)
- Assistant Minister to Students - Petal Harvey Baptist Church (2002-2006)
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (2017)
- William Carey University (2007)
- Jones County Junior College (2004)
Dates to Remember:
- 01/14: College Gathering: Worship Center - 7PM
- 01/17: Vote of Affirmation in both Sunday Morning Worship Services