“The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray.” -Samuel Chadwick
Temple's focus on prayer has 3 main components that are aligned with our core values:
Personal (Life Worship)
We encourage members to prioritize prayer in their personal time with the Lord, using the ACTS tool as a guide:
- Adoration: praising and adoring God for who He is (Psalms of the Day)
- Confession: admitting our sin and seeking God's cleansing
- Thanksgiving: thanking God for His blessings and answered prayers
- Supplication: Asking God to work in our lives and in the lives of others.
Corporate (Life Together)
Together we will reclaim the church as a house of prayer for the nations.
- Bible Fellowship: Monthly Prayer Guides
- House of Prayer: Second Sunday each month
- Boiler Room Ministry: Pray during weekly worship services. You or your family can sign up to pray on a rotating basis.
- Prayer Room Ministry: Pray in one or more hour-long blocks on a weekly basis.
- Moms in Prayer: Meets multiple times a week. Contact for more information.
- Prayer Walking: We prayer walk at our church events, around neighborhoods and schools, over local needs and during national trips.
Kingdom (Life Mission)
As a church, we will respond to God’s call to unite all believers in focused prayer for world evangelization, the persecuted church, and spiritual awakening.
- International Mission Board (link)
- North American Mission Board (link)
- Voice of the Martyrs (link)
- OneCry Spiritual Awakening (link)
Ways to pray with us
- Bible Fellowships -A part of Life Together is praying with those in your groups.
- Online Prayer Wall - Enter request or pray for request (link)
- Hotline - Call 601.450.3042 with any prayer requests or praises.
- Volunteer - Help us pray for our members. Contact our Prayer Ministry at 601.450.3080 or email
“Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.” (Ephesians 6:18)