2023 Bible Fellowship Changes
The changes to Bible Fellowship will take place Sunday, Feb 5th, 2023
Why the change?
The dynamic growth that we have experienced over the last two years requires that we make adjustments so that we can continue to flourish. The Dual Bible Fellowship hours, implemented in January of 2022 were successful in improving the balance in Worship and Adult Bible Fellowship attendance. However, the changes led to unintended outcomes for the Bible Fellowship groups for children and students.
(The decision to move 1st-12th grade at 10:30am is the only option that provides us all three essentials)
1. Health of 1st-12th Grade Bible Fellowship Groups
Combine (1st -12th) Bible Fellowship from two hours to one. This will help foster a greater sense of community for teachers and students.
2. Growth for Worship and Bible Fellowship
We want to provide space for our guests by keeping seating below the 80% capacity rule for both Worship and Bible Fellowship, for as long as possible.
3. Generational Diversity of Both Worship Hours
Since most Bible Fellowship groups are grouped by age and life stage, it is important that we maintain multi-generational worship services.
How will classes for 1st-12th grades be grouped?
Grouped by grade and gender (1st grade boys class, 1st grade girls, class, etc.)
Coed classes/guys and girls combined (9th grade guys and girls class, 10th grade guys and girls class, etc.)
What will Sunday morning look like for a family with 1st-12th graders?
- 9:00 to 10:00 am-Families with children 1st-12th grades participate in the 9:00 am worship service.
- 10:10 am-Check-in begins for 1st-5th grades at the upstairs Children's welcome desk. 6th-12th grades head to the 1st floor of the Refuge to hangout for a few minutes.
- 11:30 am-pick up 1st-12th grades from their Bible Fellowship classes
- Click Here for a listing of adult Bible Fellowship classes and times.
What will Sunday morning look like in Preschool Ministry?
Our Preschool Ministry will continue to offer care and Bible Fellowship for babies through kindergarteners during the 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. hours.